Friday, July 22, 2011

Hey, y'all

Didn't resign, OD, lose a turf war, or get busted or anything. Been working 8-10 hours a day, 6 days a week, all but an hour or two of it outdoors. Although my sawbones wouldn't be happy about it if he knew, that normally wouldn't be a big deal. But with the heat wave we got goin' on (104 and incredibly humid today--and I start getting uncomfortable from the heat when it hits 75), it sure as hell is. Once I've had a shower, a meal, and a few beers, that's about it for me. Barely have the energy to watch a goddamn movie, never mind set my burnin' eyes in front of a flickering screen and yammer on about it.
Rest assured, I ain't goin' nowhere until this job is done. Like the ol' panhead Coe sang of, it's a bitch to get me started sometimes, but once that's accomplished I will by god run.

No comments:

Post a Comment